Browse Textile industry articles from the India Environment Portal. This portal, initiated and managed by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) promoted by the National Knowledge Commission (NKC), Government of India, is a one-stop shop of all that you want to know about environment and development issues.
Visit GreenStitched Home to access all our articles.
- Exposure to chemicals used in jeans dyeing units can affect human health, says government August 8, 2017 1:00 pmThe government on Tuesday told the Lok Sabha that the exposure to chemicals used in textile dyeing units can affect human health and the civic authorities would take action against any such industries
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding pollution caued by Saravana Fine Yarns, Dindigul District, Tamil Nadu, 06/07/2017 July 17, 2017 1:00 pmOrder of the National Green Tribunal (Southern Zone, Chennai) in the matter of Vivasayam Mattrum Suttrusoozhal Vs State of Tamil Nadu & Others dated 06/07/2017 regarding pollution caused by a dyeing
- Bangladesh accuses 13 of negligence, murder over garment plant blast July 5, 2017 1:00 pmPolice in Bangladesh have filed charges ranging from negligence to murder against more than a dozen people after a boiler explosion at a garment plant killed 13 people and injured dozens, officials said
- Ten killed, dozens hurt in Bangladesh garment factory blast July 3, 2017 1:00 pmA boiler explosion at a Bangladeshi garment factory killed 10 people and injured dozens, fire officials said on Tuesday, the latest mishap to hit one of the world's biggest garment producers. The mishap
- The impact of 'zero' coming into fashion: Zero liquid discharge uptake and socio-technical transitions in Tirupur May 31, 2017 1:00 pmThe textile industry is one of the major industrial polluters, and water recycling is yet far from being standard practice. Wastewater generation remains a serious and growing problem, affecting ecosystems,
- Comply or shut down: Pollution Board February 26, 2017 1:00 pmIndustries along the Ganga basin told to install online monitoring systems, errant units to face closure beginning March The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) on Saturday issued stringent directions
- Adopt eco-friendly dyeing technologies for clean and green environment” January 11, 2017 1:00 pmMs A Sharada Devi, Emeritus Scientist, College of Home Science, Agriculture University, Hyderabad, has called upon the textile industries to adopt eco-friendly dyeing technologies for clean and green environment.
- Regulating effluents from India’s textile sector: new commands and compliance monitoring for zero liquid discharge December 31, 2016 1:00 pmThe textile industry’sexcessive water use and contribution to ever-worsening environmental degradation in countries of production, particularly the so-called global South, is increasingly putting
- Environment (Protection) Fifth Amendment Rules, 2016: Standards for discharge of effluents from textile industry October 9, 2016 1:00 pmIn exercise of the powers conferred by sections 6 and 25 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (29 of 1986), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Environment
- 187 industries extracting groundwater in Ghaziabad, NGT informend September 1, 2016 1:00 pmA large number of industries in Ghaziabad are extracting groundwater through borewells installed in their premises, causing depletion of the water table, the National Green Tribunal was informed today.