Browse Textile industry articles from the India Environment Portal. This portal, initiated and managed by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) promoted by the National Knowledge Commission (NKC), Government of India, is a one-stop shop of all that you want to know about environment and development issues.
Visit GreenStitched Home to access all our articles.
- The impact of 'zero' coming into fashion: Zero liquid discharge uptake and socio-technical transitions in Tirupur May 31, 2017 1:00 pmThe textile industry is one of the major industrial polluters, and water recycling is yet far from being standard practice. Wastewater generation remains a serious and growing problem, affecting ecosystems,
- Comply or shut down: Pollution Board February 26, 2017 1:00 pmIndustries along the Ganga basin told to install online monitoring systems, errant units to face closure beginning March The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) on Saturday issued stringent directions
- Adopt eco-friendly dyeing technologies for clean and green environment” January 11, 2017 1:00 pmMs A Sharada Devi, Emeritus Scientist, College of Home Science, Agriculture University, Hyderabad, has called upon the textile industries to adopt eco-friendly dyeing technologies for clean and green environment.
- Regulating effluents from India’s textile sector: new commands and compliance monitoring for zero liquid discharge December 31, 2016 1:00 pmThe textile industry’sexcessive water use and contribution to ever-worsening environmental degradation in countries of production, particularly the so-called global South, is increasingly putting
- Environment (Protection) Fifth Amendment Rules, 2016: Standards for discharge of effluents from textile industry October 9, 2016 1:00 pmIn exercise of the powers conferred by sections 6 and 25 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (29 of 1986), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Environment
- 187 industries extracting groundwater in Ghaziabad, NGT informend September 1, 2016 1:00 pmA large number of industries in Ghaziabad are extracting groundwater through borewells installed in their premises, causing depletion of the water table, the National Green Tribunal was informed today.
- Judgement of the National Green Tribunal regarding loss of agricultural yield due to the pollution of the river Noyyal, Tirupur, Tamil Nadu, 26/08/2016 August 25, 2016 1:00 pmJudgement of the National Green Tribunal (Southern Zone, Chennai) in the matter of K. K.Subramaniam & Others Vs Loss of Ecology (Prevention & Payment of Compensation) Authority & Others
- Efforts needed to stop pollution August 1, 2016 1:00 pmThe Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) has issued notices and is monitoring the mercerising units located on the banks of the Noyyal in the district. According to an official of the board, the
- How your clothes are poisoning our oceans and food supply June 20, 2016 1:00 pmThe first time professor Sherri Mason cut open a Great Lakes fish, she was alarmed at what she found. Synthetic fibers were everywhere. Under a microscope, they seemed to be “weaving themselves into the
- Most big users failing on cotton sustainability: report June 7, 2016 1:00 pmMost companies using cotton do nearly nothing to improve environmental sustainability in its supply, environmental groups said on Tuesday, citing a report by an online green consumer site. Traditional