Browse Textile industry articles from the India Environment Portal. This portal, initiated and managed by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) promoted by the National Knowledge Commission (NKC), Government of India, is a one-stop shop of all that you want to know about environment and development issues.
Visit GreenStitched Home to access all our articles.
- Maharashtra will give spinning mills subsidies to set up solar power plants May 13, 2018 1:00 pmThe state government has set up a committee to help cooperative spinning mills and textile units set up solar power plants. Officials from the Maharashtra Textile Department, which has set up the committee,
- Morocco: ITC Partners With Leading European Brands to Strengthen Climate Resilience in the Moroccan Textile Sector April 16, 2018 1:00 pmThe International Trade Centre (ITC) has partnered with ICS, which is representing a number of European textile retailers, to strengthen competitiveness and climate resilience in the Moroccan textile value
- Tanzania: Recycling Fabrics to Save Environment March 19, 2018 1:00 pmSatisfaction written all over his face, Cecil Sagawala moves his hand around a bag he is holding as he explains to me how the bag is made from old pieces of fabric that had been thrown away as waste.
- Japanese co eyes emission norms to grow in India February 28, 2018 1:00 pmPune: Japanese manufacturer Horiba expects to increase its business in India because of emerging emissions-related regulations across the country. From April 1, 2020, the tailpipe emissions for motor
- Grasim Industries gets green nod for Rs18 bn expansion project in Gujarat February 25, 2018 1:00 pmThe company plans to raise the production capacity of VSF from 1,27,750 tonne per annum (TPA) to 2,33,600 TPA Grasim Industries has received green nod for expanding the production of viscose staple
- Grasim gets eco clearance for Rs. 2,560 cr expansion project January 21, 2018 1:00 pmGrasim Industries has received green nod for expanding the production of viscose staple fibre at Bharuch, Gujarat that would entail an investment of Rs. 2,560 crore, according to an official document.
- 'Guj, TN powerlooms took max benefits of solar energy scheme November 26, 2017 1:00 pmTextile Commissioner Kavita Gupta today said maximum benefits of government's promotional schemes for powerloom textile industry have been taken by entrepreneurs from Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. "The ministry
- Global Employment Trends for Youth 2017: Paths to a better working future November 20, 2017 1:00 pmIncorporating the most recent employment trends for young women and men, Global Employment Trends for Youth sets out the youth labour market situation around the world. It shows where progress has or has
- Judgement of the National Green Tribunal regarding payment of consent fees by Narmathaa Textiles to the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, 24/10/2017 October 23, 2017 1:00 pmJudgement of the National Green Tribunal (Southern Zone Bench, Chennai) in the matter of M/s.Narmathaa Textiles Limited Vs Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board & Others dated 24/10/2017 regarding payment
- Corporations are tackling forced labour but progress needed- index September 12, 2017 1:00 pmHuman trafficking is pervasive in global industries particularly in manufacturing sectors such as textiles, but efforts by corporations to be socially responsible are starting to have an impact, a report