from India Environment Portal
Browse Textile industry articles from the India Environment Portal. This portal, initiated and managed by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) promoted by the National Knowledge Commission (NKC), Government of India, is a one-stop shop of all that you want to know about environment and development issues.
Visit GreenStitched Home to access all our articles.
- Comply or shut down: Pollution Board February 26, 2017 1:00 pmIndustries along the Ganga basin told to install online monitoring systems, errant units to face closure beginning March The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) on Saturday issued stringent directions
- Adopt eco-friendly dyeing technologies for clean and green environment” January 11, 2017 1:00 pmMs A Sharada Devi, Emeritus Scientist, College of Home Science, Agriculture University, Hyderabad, has called upon the textile industries to adopt eco-friendly dyeing technologies for clean and green environment.
- Environment (Protection) Fifth Amendment Rules, 2016: Standards for discharge of effluents from textile industry October 9, 2016 1:00 pmIn exercise of the powers conferred by sections 6 and 25 of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 (29 of 1986), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Environment
- 187 industries extracting groundwater in Ghaziabad, NGT informend September 1, 2016 1:00 pmA large number of industries in Ghaziabad are extracting groundwater through borewells installed in their premises, causing depletion of the water table, the National Green Tribunal was informed today.
- Judgement of the National Green Tribunal regarding loss of agricultural yield due to the pollution of the river Noyyal, Tirupur, Tamil Nadu, 26/08/2016 August 25, 2016 1:00 pmJudgement of the National Green Tribunal (Southern Zone, Chennai) in the matter of K. K.Subramaniam & Others Vs Loss of Ecology (Prevention & Payment of Compensation) Authority & Others
- Efforts needed to stop pollution August 1, 2016 1:00 pmThe Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) has issued notices and is monitoring the mercerising units located on the banks of the Noyyal in the district. According to an official of the board, the
- How your clothes are poisoning our oceans and food supply June 20, 2016 1:00 pmThe first time professor Sherri Mason cut open a Great Lakes fish, she was alarmed at what she found. Synthetic fibers were everywhere. Under a microscope, they seemed to be “weaving themselves into the
- Most big users failing on cotton sustainability: report June 7, 2016 1:00 pmMost companies using cotton do nearly nothing to improve environmental sustainability in its supply, environmental groups said on Tuesday, citing a report by an online green consumer site. Traditional
- Sustainable cotton ranking: assessing company performance June 5, 2016 1:00 pmThe majority of international companies using most cotton globally are failing to deliver on cotton sustainability according to new independent research published by Pesticide Action Network (PAN) UK,
- New mandatory textile standards for children's clothing to improve safety June 1, 2016 1:00 pmChina's first mandatory national textile standards for children－both infants and older children－will take effect on Wednesday, International Children's Day. "The standards are expected to guide manufacturers