from India Environment Portal
Browse Textile industry articles from the India Environment Portal. This portal, initiated and managed by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) promoted by the National Knowledge Commission (NKC), Government of India, is a one-stop shop of all that you want to know about environment and development issues.
Visit GreenStitched Home to access all our articles.
- Grasim gets eco clearance for Rs. 2,560 cr expansion project January 21, 2018 1:00 pmGrasim Industries has received green nod for expanding the production of viscose staple fibre at Bharuch, Gujarat that would entail an investment of Rs. 2,560 crore, according to an official document.
- 'Guj, TN powerlooms took max benefits of solar energy scheme November 26, 2017 1:00 pmTextile Commissioner Kavita Gupta today said maximum benefits of government's promotional schemes for powerloom textile industry have been taken by entrepreneurs from Gujarat and Tamil Nadu. "The ministry
- Global Employment Trends for Youth 2017: Paths to a better working future November 20, 2017 1:00 pmIncorporating the most recent employment trends for young women and men, Global Employment Trends for Youth sets out the youth labour market situation around the world. It shows where progress has or has
- Judgement of the National Green Tribunal regarding payment of consent fees by Narmathaa Textiles to the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, 24/10/2017 October 23, 2017 1:00 pmJudgement of the National Green Tribunal (Southern Zone Bench, Chennai) in the matter of M/s.Narmathaa Textiles Limited Vs Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board & Others dated 24/10/2017 regarding payment
- Corporations are tackling forced labour but progress needed- index September 12, 2017 1:00 pmHuman trafficking is pervasive in global industries particularly in manufacturing sectors such as textiles, but efforts by corporations to be socially responsible are starting to have an impact, a report
- Exposure to chemicals used in jeans dyeing units can affect human health, says government August 8, 2017 1:00 pmThe government on Tuesday told the Lok Sabha that the exposure to chemicals used in textile dyeing units can affect human health and the civic authorities would take action against any such industries
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding pollution caued by Saravana Fine Yarns, Dindigul District, Tamil Nadu, 06/07/2017 July 17, 2017 1:00 pmOrder of the National Green Tribunal (Southern Zone, Chennai) in the matter of Vivasayam Mattrum Suttrusoozhal Vs State of Tamil Nadu & Others dated 06/07/2017 regarding pollution caused by a dyeing
- Bangladesh accuses 13 of negligence, murder over garment plant blast July 5, 2017 1:00 pmPolice in Bangladesh have filed charges ranging from negligence to murder against more than a dozen people after a boiler explosion at a garment plant killed 13 people and injured dozens, officials said
- Ten killed, dozens hurt in Bangladesh garment factory blast July 3, 2017 1:00 pmA boiler explosion at a Bangladeshi garment factory killed 10 people and injured dozens, fire officials said on Tuesday, the latest mishap to hit one of the world's biggest garment producers. The mishap
- The impact of 'zero' coming into fashion: Zero liquid discharge uptake and socio-technical transitions in Tirupur May 31, 2017 1:00 pmThe textile industry is one of the major industrial polluters, and water recycling is yet far from being standard practice. Wastewater generation remains a serious and growing problem, affecting ecosystems,