Visit GreenStitched Home to access all our articles
- Guess commits to sustainable cotton sourcing April 20, 2018 12:08 pmFashion retailer Guess Inc has become the latest brand to join the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) to help address its water use.
- H&M progresses on Bangladesh worker representation April 20, 2018 11:55 amSwedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) says 450,000 textile workers at 227 of its Bangladesh factories are now represented by a democratically-elected representative.
- US garment supplier restrained over wage violations April 20, 2018 12:32 pmA US garment manufacturer has been temporarily restrained from shipping orders to its buyer Charlotte Russe after an investigation found it to have committed overtime and wage violations.
- World's first circular fashion master's degree to launch April 20, 2018 11:21 amThe Amsterdam Fashion Institute (AMFI) has partnered with Dutch social enterprise Circle Economy and Fashion for Good, a global initiative to make fashion more sustainable, to develop the world's first master's degree focused on circular fashion entrepreneurship.
- Top stories this week on just-style... April 20, 2018 10:13 amTop stories this week on just-style include the news that US President Donald Trump may explore the possibility of re-joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), Better Buying and the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) are to collaborate on an 18-month programme to tackle buying practices in Bangladesh, Nike develops what it claims is the first 3D-printed textile upper in performance footwear, and H&M launches a pilot to educate consumers on garment care.
- Denim industry hits Amsterdam for Kingpins show April 19, 2018 12:30 pmThe Kingpins sourcing show kicked off in Amsterdam this week, with some of the world's most innovative denim mills, trim providers, wash houses and manufacturers taking part in two days of exhibitions, workshops and seminars.
- Wrangler hails sustainable cotton farming techniques April 19, 2018 11:38 amSustainable cotton farming techniques can result in the removal of three times the amount of greenhouse gas emissions from the atmosphere as conventional farming methods, according to a new report from US jeans brands Wrangler.
- Mango commits to sustainable cotton sourcing April 19, 2018 10:15 amSpanish fashion chain Mango has become the latest brand to join the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) as part of a new commitment to ensure 50% of the cotton it sources is of sustainable origin by 2022.
- Timberland uncovers consumer eco-fashion behaviours April 19, 2018 10:54 amOutdoor lifestyle brand Timberland has revealed the findings of a new survey in a bid to uncover what consumers value most when it comes to "going green" with their wardrobe.
- New Intertek online platform for supply chain visibility April 19, 2018 10:28 amTesting and inspection specialist Intertek has launched a new service designed to evaluate the compliance of suppliers and respond to the information requests of customers.
- PVH to tackle water conservation in key sourcing regions April 18, 2018 10:38 amUS apparel giant PVH Corp has announced a partnership with conservation organisation World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to support water stewardship efforts in its key sourcing communities.
- Fairtrade urges brands to commit to paying living wage April 18, 2018 9:47 amAs the fifth anniversary of the Rana Plaza factory collapse nears, UK charity Fairtrade Foundation has issued a call for fashion brands and retailers to set a deadline to pay living wages in their supply chains.
- Week of action targets more Bangladesh Accord signatories April 18, 2018 9:25 amTwo labour rights groups have planned a week of action urging garment brands to sign up to the 2018 Bangladesh Accord ahead of the five year anniversary of the Rana Plaza disaster.
- Fur farm footage released ahead of UK enquiry April 18, 2018 10:28 amHumane Society International UK has highlighted what it says are cruel conditions on fox fur farms in Finland and a mink fur farm in Ireland - both exporters to the UK - as the fur industry prepares to give evidence in support of the UK fur trade to an enquiry.
- Polyester-eating enzyme a breakthrough in recycling April 17, 2018 12:29 pmScientists have engineered an enzyme that can break down polyester more efficiently in a breakthrough that could provide a solution to one of the world's biggest environmental problems: plastics recycling and waste.
- North Face parks project turns plastic bottles into clothes April 17, 2018 11:00 amThe North Face, the largest brand in VF Corp's outdoor and action sports group, has initiated a project that turns recycled bottles collected from the waste streams of US national parks into garments.
- New app launches digital garment recycling solution April 17, 2018 10:02 amA new app has been launched in partnership with a number of brands including Superdry and Asics, aimed at helping to divert unwanted clothing from UK landfill by incentivising recycling.
- Bolt Threads launches new bioengineered leather April 17, 2018 9:37 amUS-based biotechnology company Bolt Threads has developed what it claims is the world's first commercially available leather grown from mycelium, the root structure of a mushroom.
- Who has signed the new Bangladesh '2018 Accord' - Update April 17, 2018 1:48 pmMore than half of the 220 companies who signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh have now committed to the new agreement set to come into effect when the current programme expires next month. British department store group Debenhams, UK clothing and homewares retailer Next Plc, and Japan's Fast Retailing are among the latest to sign, taking the total to 145. Here we list the signatories so far.
- Adidas adds Parley Ocean Plastic to yoga collection April 17, 2018 11:00 amAs part of its long-standing partnership with sustainability group Parley for the Oceans, German sportswear giant Adidas has introduced Parley Ocean Plastic to its co-branded yoga collection with Wanderlust.