Visit GreenStitched Home to access all our articles
- Four ways to ensure sustainable fashion is here to stay February 16, 2018 3:00 pmWith London Fashion Week kicking off today, how can the fashion industry make sure that sustainable fashion is always in season rather than a passing fad?
- OECD supply chain guidance moves towards implementation February 16, 2018 2:45 pmClothing and textile companies are grappling with new good practice guidance in supply chain management in the garment and footwear sector, which was released by the Organisation for Economic Development & Cooperation (OECD) in May last year.
- Just 7% of Bangladesh Accord factories fully remediated February 16, 2018 2:22 pmMany major life-threatening safety concerns still remain outstanding in too many of the factories being monitored by the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, according to its latest update.
- PETA blasts down standard group and withdraws support February 16, 2018 10:38 amAnimal rights group PETA has withdrawn its support for the Textile Exchange's Responsible Down Standard (RDS) International Working Group (IWG) Charter over what it says is the group's "secrecy" and failure to protect animals.
- $23m fund to invest in ethical supply chain innovations February 16, 2018 9:27 amA US$23m (US$32.4m) venture fund aiming to invest in ethical supply chain innovations that will enable corporations to operate more transparently and ethically around the world is being supported by brands including Disney, Walmart and C&A.
- Top stories this week on just-style... February 16, 2018 9:51 amTop stories this week on just-style include a look at where the world's key sources of denim fabrics are, H&M's move to shelve its digitalisation reinvestment plans, and C&A Foundation's decision to put its philanthropic work in Myanmar on hold in the wake of what it called evidence of ongoing persecution and human rights violations by the country's military against the Rohingya people.
- Cambodia clothing factory fainting figures disputed February 15, 2018 8:24 amCambodia's clothing industry has welcomed a reported drop in the number of workers who fainted while at work in garment factories last year - although the decline is disputed by unions.
- ILO hails labour reforms in Uzbekistan cotton harvest February 15, 2018 10:59 amChild labour is no longer an issue in Uzbekistan's cotton harvest, while forced labour is being systematically addressed, a new report has found.
- Lack of eco-friendly fashion fails to entice millennials February 15, 2018 11:45 amThe fashion industry isn't providing millennials with sufficient choices to enable them to purchase more sustainable apparel, a new study suggests, adding that they are currently more motivated by ease of purchase and low prices.
- Apparel and sourcing firms make new ethical ranking February 15, 2018 9:37 amUS apparel giant VF Corp, Hong Kong-based sourcing specialist William E Connor & Associates, and retailer Marks & Spencer are the only apparel, sourcing and retail companies to make it on to the latest annual ranking of the world's most ethical companies.
- Who has committed to the CanopyStyle initiative? February 14, 2018 4:10 pmCanopy is an environmental not for profit working to protect ancient and endangered forests by transforming the impacts of the paper and fabric supply chains. Its CanopyStyle initiative has now surpassed 125 brand partners representing over US$134bn in annual revenue, including H&M, Zara/Inditex, Stella McCartney and VF Corp, committed to end their use of ancient and endangered forests.
- C&A Foundation pauses Myanmar grant-making indefinitely February 14, 2018 12:06 pmC&A Foundation has put its philanthropic work in Myanmar on hold in the wake of what it called evidence of ongoing persecution and human rights violations by the country's military against the Rohingya people.
- Australia proposes modern slavery legislation February 14, 2018 1:24 pmThe Australian Government is understood to be preparing to release draft legislation proposing the introduction of a 'modern slavery in supply chains' reporting requirement.
- New website aims to "demystify" biosynthetics February 14, 2018 11:29 amNon-profit Textile Exchange has launched a new online platform to explain the rapidly developing technologies of biosynthetics, focusing on textiles made from sugars, biomass and plant oils.
- H&M uses nylon waste in new Conscious collection February 13, 2018 3:28 pmSwedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has introduced new sustainable materials including recycled silver and Econyl, a 100% regenerated fibre from fishnets and other nylon waste, into the latest offering from its eco-friendly Conscious line.
- Who has signed the new Bangladesh '2018 Accord' - Update February 13, 2018 1:48 pmNearly half of the 220 companies who signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh have now committed to the new agreement set to come into effect when the current programme expires in May. Here we list the signatories so far.
- New due diligence plan for China apparel supply chains February 13, 2018 10:25 amA new initiative has been agreed to boost responsible business conduct and due diligence in textile and apparel supply chains in China.
- US$20m loan to help fund Bangladesh garment sector February 13, 2018 9:50 amThe Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a US$20m agreement with Eastern Bank Ltd (EBL) to support the development of Bangladesh's textile and garment sectors and help fill a financing gap in the local financial market.
- HanesBrands buys eco-friendly textile finishing systems February 13, 2018 11:21 amHanesBrands, one of the world's largest underwear and activewear apparel manufacturers, has invested in a number of new textile finishing systems to help achieve its environmental sustainability goals.
- Gaps remain in India's move towards sustainability February 12, 2018 9:24 amIndia's textile and garment industry is making strides in ensuring ethical compliance and environmental standards in its factories. Yet gaps still exist, and filling these will be key if it is to reach its full potential, cement long-term relationships with brands, and compete more effectively in Asia.