Below content is auto-generated from a syndicated newsfeed. It has not been edited by GreenStitched.
- Yesim Textile pilots new joint auditing model August 17, 2018 3:17 pmYesim Textile, one of Turkey's leading vertically-integrated manufacturers of knit products for US and European retailers, has been piloting a new joint auditing model where brands supervise their suppliers under a single social compliance audit.
- Top stories this week on just-style... August 17, 2018 10:15 amTop stories on just-style this week include at look at the implications of tariffs being imposed on all goods imported into the US from China, VF Corp's plans to spin off the group's denim and outlet businesses, and the shadow cast by the ongoing Rohingya humanitarian crisis on Myanmar's thriving garment exports.
- South Africa mohair farmers charged over cruelty August 17, 2018 10:07 amCruelty-to-animals charges have been filed against four angora goat farmers in South Africa following an exposé by animal rights group PETA earlier this year.
- China viscose sector sets sustainability roadmap August 16, 2018 4:59 pmTen of China's largest viscose fibre producers - who between them represent over 50% of the world's viscose staple fibre production - have released details of a three-year roadmap to improve the sustainability of the viscose industry from sourcing to production.
- C2C Certified toolkit launched for denim and materials August 16, 2018 2:37 pmFashion for Good, a global initiative trying to make fashion more sustainable, has launched what it claims is the world's first comprehensive toolkit to get fashion brands, retailers and manufacturers started on the development of Cradle to Cradle Certified products.
- TUV Rhineland latest to become ZDHC certifier August 16, 2018 2:23 pmGerman inspection services group TUV Rhineland has become the newest Accepted Certification Testing Standard for Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Manufacturing Restricted Substances List conformance.
- Reebok unveils first plant-based performance shoe August 15, 2018 10:18 amGlobal fitness brand Reebok has unveiled the inaugural product from its 'Cotton + Corn' sustainable products initiative, in a move that brings its first plant-based footwear to the market.
- Unions renew calls for Bangladesh wage increase August 15, 2018 9:51 amUnions in Bangladesh have renewed their demands for better wages for the country's garment workers, with a human chain protest organised earlier this month calling for a tripling of the monthly minimum.
- Rohingya crisis and wage issues weigh on Myanmar August 14, 2018 10:41 amMyanmar's garment exports may be thriving, but the ongoing Rohingya humanitarian crisis in Rakhine State and rising wages are the latest shadows on the horizon.
- Malaysia garment makers worried by minimum wage hike August 14, 2018 10:00 amMalaysia's garment and textile manufacturers are worried their government's new minimum wage of MYR1,500 (US$368) for the private sector - which was approved this week - could make the industry less competitive.
- Vaude sets out supplier management programme August 14, 2018 10:38 amGerman outdoor clothing company Vaude has launched a comprehensive supplier management programme to provide support to its international producers and material suppliers in ensuring high ecological and social standards throughout its supply chain.
- ReMode event for disruptive and sustainable fashion August 14, 2018 11:19 amMichael Preysman, founder and CEO of online clothing brand Everlane - which elevates transparency by breaking down the cost of making each product and its markup - is among the speakers at this year's ReMode conference, due to be held in Los Angeles later this year.
- Suppliers ever more likely to measure transparency August 13, 2018 2:27 pmSuppliers appear to be more committed to measuring and improving their sustainability and building transparency into their business models - with most companies able to make a difference in just a couple of years.
- Wecycled cotton recycling scheme makes a mark August 13, 2018 9:51 amGerman textile mill Velener Textil GmbH has been awarded the Discover Natural Fibres Initiative (DNFI) in Natural Fibres Award for its Wecycled system which recycles unused cotton yarn collected from partner mills.
- Zoggs reaffirms sustainability commitment August 13, 2018 4:37 pmAustralian swimwear brand Zoggs has reaffirmed its commitment to sustainability, pledging to donate 10% of its Ecolast swimwear profits to the Healthy Seas initiative.
- Easier access to textile dyes and chemicals in Pakistan August 13, 2018 1:21 pmHuntsman Textile Effects and ICI Pakistan are joining forces in a strategic collaboration to distribute Huntsman textile dyes, chemicals, digital inks and services in Pakistan.
- Helsinki Fashion Week bans leather August 13, 2018 10:58 amHelsinki Fashion Week has pledged to prohibit leather, starting with its July 2019 events.
- Stahl teams up on new synthetic printing solutions August 13, 2018 9:25 amLeather chemicals and coatings company Stahl is working with HP Latex Inks to increase the durability and sustainability of printed synthetics used in products such as shoes and apparel.
- Apparel Impact Institute taps C2C's Perkins as president August 10, 2018 12:32 pmThe Apparel Impact Institute (AII), an environmental accelerator for the apparel and footwear industries, has named Lewis Perkins, the former leader of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, as its new president.
- Top stories this week on just-style... August 10, 2018 10:51 amTop stories this week on just-style were dominated by an exclusive update from Hong Kong, including a look at how the territory is emerging as a new hub for sustainable innovation, and the opening of its first mill in more than half a century to produce recycled yarn from post-consumer apparel. Other highlights focused on threats by China to impose new tariffs of up to 25% on around $60bn of US imports, bringing clothing into the fray for the first time; and Fung Group investing US$35m in Indian B2B e-commerce company ShopX.