Below content is auto-generated from a syndicated newsfeed. It has not been edited by GreenStitched.
- just-style takes an Easter break April 18, 2019 5:52 pmThe just-style offices are now closed for the Easter weekend - so there will be no site updates or email newsletters until Tuesday 23 April.
- How Wrangler is raising the bar on sustainable denim April 18, 2019 11:09 amUS-based jeans brand Wrangler is making a major move to tackle sustainability with a new Made-in-USA denim collection that supports five US cotton-growing states - and takes the brand towards 100% sustainable cotton adoption by 2025.
- Adidas develops first fully recyclable performance footwear April 18, 2019 12:53 pmAdidas has launched a 100% recyclable performance running shoe called the Futurecraft.Loop, which is made without glue and from materials that can be broken down and reused to create a brand new running shoe.
- Concern as Cambodia collective bargaining talks stall April 18, 2019 10:00 amCambodian unions have written to global clothing firms Gap, Puma, Nike, Adidas, Uniqlo, Levi Strauss and VF Corp urging them to sign up to the ACT (Action, Collaboration, Transformation) living wage initiative and collectively link their international purchasing practices to the development of national industry-wide collective agreements.
- Dutch sustainable garment group "making too little progress" April 18, 2019 2:45 pmDespite claims by the Dutch Agreement on Sustainable Garments and Textiles (AGT) that its member companies are "well on the way to meeting sustainability targets," two worker rights groups say the initiative is making too little progress on its goal of supply chain transparency.
- Performance apparel market to get first spider silk fabrics April 18, 2019 1:17 pmUS fabric maker Polartec is building on its partnership with Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, the developer of spider silk-based fibres, to bring the first materials made from recombinant spider silk to the performance apparel market.
- Walmart pegs supplier finance to sustainability ratings April 18, 2019 12:05 pmRetail giant Walmart is teaming up with international bank HSBC to rollout a sustainable supply chain finance programme that pegs a supplier's financing rate to its sustainability performance.
- H&M invests in Finnish sustainable fibre producer April 18, 2019 11:30 amA company that produces sustainable textile fibres made from waste materials has raised EUR3.7m (US$4.2m) in funding from investors, including global fashion retailer H&M, to scale up production at its plant in Finland.
- Top stories this week on just-style... April 18, 2019 10:04 amTop stories on just-style this week include a look at how clothing manufacturers in El Salvador are seeking to solidify their focus on underwear exports, a new report has called for bold policies to foster the move to a circular fashion economy, HanesBrands has confirmed it is to close its sock manufacturing plant in Mount Airy, North Carolina, and Berghaus is making a major investment in its product and innovation team to boost speed to market.
- Isko joins Textile Exchange to expand sustainability goals April 18, 2019 1:35 pmTurkish denim manufacturer Isko has become a member of Textile Exchange, joining the not-for-profit's mission to develop more sustainable ways of textile production.
- Thrakika quality drive sees ginned cotton levels fall in 2018 April 18, 2019 10:38 amGreek cotton ginning mill Thrakika says a recent drive to increase production of higher quality cotton has led to a dip in output during 2018.
- re:source now tracks monthly apparel unit value trends April 17, 2019 11:36 amWe've now reached one of the most exciting points in the development of the re:source by just-style strategic sourcing tool, with the launch of our direct source trade data - giving users access to the most up-to-date trade and unit value data available anywhere.
- FibreMark fashion traceability tool bags US patent April 17, 2019 10:35 amLondon-based FibreMark Solutions, which specialises in the development of supply chain traceability solutions for the textile industry, has obtained a US Patent for its Fibretrace Technology.
- Ganni and Allbirds join Global Fashion Agenda group April 17, 2019 9:57 amDanish clothing brand Ganni and sustainable footwear firm Allbirds have become the latest companies to join Global Fashion Agenda's new Associate Partners circle, supporting the organisation's mission to make the fashion industry sustainable.
- H&M sets up national monitoring committee in India April 17, 2019 9:31 amH&M has established a National Monitoring Committee (NMC) in India as part of a pledge made by the Swedish fast fashion retailer to improve labour rights for garment workers at its supplier factories.
- ZDHC teams up with Asia Dyestuff Industry Federation April 17, 2019 10:18 amThe Asia Dyestuff Industry Federation (ADIF) is the latest organisation to commit to the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) group as a contributor, with the move expected to "significantly" accelerate sustainable chemical management uptake across the Asia region.
- HanesBrands secures tenth Energy Star star award April 17, 2019 9:41 amHanesBrands, one of the world's largest underwear and activewear manufacturers, has secured its tenth consecutive award for environmental excellence from the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Energy Star programme - once again remaining the only apparel company to be honoured in the initiative's 27-year history.
- Dow sustainable textile treatment wins innovation award April 17, 2019 9:32 amThe Dow Chemical Company has won a record number of innovation awards at the annual Edison Awards Gala in New York City - with this year's winners including its Ecofast Pure textile treatment.
- Bold policies needed to mainstream sustainable fashion April 16, 2019 10:45 amWith a "staggering" 73% of materials used for clothing sent to landfill or incinerated, and less than 1% of the fibres recycled, Ecopreneur.eu, the European Sustainable Business Federation, is calling for decisive policy measures to create a framework to foster the move to a circular fashion economy.
- New $1bn fund for green infrastructure in ASEAN April 16, 2019 3:42 pmA new US$1bn joint facility has been launched to finance green infrastructure investments across Southeast Asia.